RANDOM POSTS

segunda-feira, 8 de agosto de 2016

Stencilling Borders and Frames #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Hibiscus Pop Up Card 
Hi friends I am still obsessed with stencils and used a beautiful stencil called Geometrie from Carabelle Studio to create framed borders on  this Pop Up Card .
Hibiscus Pop Up Card 
My pop up element is a gorgeous Hibiscus from Designs by Ryn which I heat embossed in gold and water colored in various shades of happy yellow.Also added some distress glitter for a subtle texture and shimmer on the center and edges of the flower
Vellum Butterfly
The butterfly is my favorite Hero Art Butterfly heat embossed with WOW Metallic Gold sparkle on parchment/vellum and colored with Distress Inks  .
I created the framed border for the Hibiscus with a  Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25 die cut sponged green with Distress Ink
Stencilling Tutorial 
I could have perhaps used green cardstock but I find that using Distress Inks  makes it easier to get a perfect color match of various elements .

Stencilling Tutorial 
Used a makeup sponge to sponge white acrylic paint over the Geometry stencil. You could also use a nice "spouncer" to stencil the design!
Stencilling Tutorial 
So easy to work over a craft mat- I got it only last year and its changed my crafting style by making me reach out to my inks and paints more as its so much easier to clean up!
Stencilling Tutorial 
Love this beautiful design on the die cut border.
Stencilling Tutorial 
I also used the same stencil on the Memory Box Spring Border die cut I used on the other side of the card.
Stencilling
And created a border for the sentiment [from Peek a boo designs] too using the same stencil!
Stencilling
Here is how I made the frame for the sentiment.
Stencilling Tutorial 
Used 2 die cuts from the Spellbinders Curved Matting Basics B and stamped the sentiment on the larger rectangle
Misti in action
Yes I succumbed and finally bought the Misti recently and  though I am more of a die cutting than a stamping girl I do love  the Misti...it makes getting crisp stamped images sooo easy!
Masking for stenciling
After stamping the sentiment, masked it using the smaller  rectangle and then stencilled  to create a cool frame for the sentiment!
Stencilling Tutorial 
Though I used different die cuts on the 2 sides of the Pop Up Card I could create a cohesive look simply by using the same color combination and using the same stencil design !
Stencilled Die Cut Card
Hope you enjoyed this cheerful Pop Up Card !
Supplies : from Crafters Corner
Dies :  Memory Box Spring Border ,Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles , Cheery Lynn  Rose Leaf Strip,Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25,Sizzix Hero Arts Die- Stamp Set 657773 Flowers and Butterflies,
Stamps : Peek-a-boo Designs Happy Birthday To You,Designs by Ryn Sideways Hibiscus,Sizzix Hero Arts Die- Stamp Set 657773 Flowers and Butterflies,
Stencil : Geometrie from Carabelle Studio
Embossing Powder :WOW Metallic Gold sparkle 
Linking to  
Word Art Wednesday 242-243
Simon Says Wednesday Florals

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...