RANDOM POSTS

terça-feira, 2 de agosto de 2016

Mixed Media Box Tutorial #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Mixed Media Box
          Hi friends, sharing a box I recycled and altered using simple mixed media techniques.The Taj Mahal is such a beautiful monument  and universal symbol of love that I think it's only fitting I use this box for memorabilia !
          Here is the  toy packaging box I altered by giving a nice coating of gesso and decoupaging a DCWV Mariposa paper onto it leaving a white border all around.
Box Recycling 
Used a Taj Mahal Stencil I had picked up from the local market way back in 2011 and featured in one of my early Tutorials : Stencil Art Tutorial and in this Taj Mahal Pop Up Card 
Stencil Tutorial 
Used a wonderful black embossing paste from Dreamweaver and spread a thick uniform layer over the stencil taped in place over the DCWV mariposa pattern paper

Stencil Tutorial 
Tip : Do not scrape off excess embossing paste while the stencil is taped on your project but do so only after lifting it off and placing it on another surface.
Stencil Tutorial 
You get a nice crisp embossing even with the rather thin delicate Taj Mahal stencil that I used [ This stencil is made of rather flimsy material and I think this may very well be its last crafty outing!]
Stencil Tutorial 
Once the central design is dry, use a contrasting white texture paste  to stencil patterns on the corners of the box. I used a gorgeous Carabelle Studio Geometry stencil .
Stencil Tutorial 
Love the beautiful texture the stencilled pattern gave to the already beautiful paper.
Stencil Tutorial
And here is the closeup of the lovely stencilled Taj Mahal.
Mixed Media Box

And here is the side profile of the box showing the stencilling with borders made using  paper flowers,die cut leaves, crystal flowers[ the same ones I used in the Crystal Flower bouquet Tutorial ] and a few pearls and sequins.
Mixed Media Box
My altered box is rather simple but then something as beautiful as the Taj Mahal needs few embellishments!
Mixed Media Box
I hope you liked my simple Mixed Media Box...do tell me how it is

Supplies : Almost everything is from Crafters Corner
Stencils :Carabelle Studio Geometry, Taj Mahal Stencil
Ranger Texture Paste
Dreamweaver's Matt Black Embossing Paste
Dies : Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves ,Cheery Lynn  Rose Leaf Strip,Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings die and stamp

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...