RANDOM POSTS

terça-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2018

Easel Drawer Box Card #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Easel Drawer Box Card
       Hi friends....have you ever made a card you felt happy about when you made it but months later thought...what a lame card and could never bring yourself to send it anyone?!!
Well I have quite a few of those "what was I thinking when I made that" type of cards in my collection ...and have been challenging myself to rework some of them rather than throw them away!
So here is the ancestor of this easel drawer card... a  Glittery Card  I just couldn't bring myself to send to anyone despite being in my stash since 2016!
Glitter Card
So I went to work on it using handmade flowers and dozens of die cuts and made a Birthday Card [as my DT project for  Cuttlebugmania  Challenge where the theme is Birthday]! 
Wanted to play in a few favorite Challenges and so converted it into an easel card with blue and green color theme and dozens of butterflies for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge !

Easel Drawer Box Card
 I still didnt like the card much and so decided to try and wave a magic wand once again and tried to make it into an easel card with a drawer box!
Easel Drawer Box Card
My poor card was already quite bulky so rather than risk making a wobbly card stock drawer I very ambitiously made the drawer box from chipboard!
Easel Drawer Box Card
And that was easier said than done as it involved endless measuring and re- measuring, gluing and re-gluing!!!....Ufff...this sure wasn't one of those easy projects!
Easel Drawer Box Card
And though I am not a 100% happy with the overall project I do love how the drawer part turned out!
The drawer pull has a metal butterfly I transformed into a shabby white beauty using Stampendous embossing powder.
Altered Butterfly
 It did turn out gorgeous and shabby!!
Easel Drawer Box Card
The drawer box has blue crystal flowers as feet[ you can see the same Crystal flowers in this post : Crystal flower bouquet Tutorial ] and butterflies galore all around it.
Easel Drawer Box Card
 The easel part rests on a pearl - rhinestone border and a gorgeous satin flower trim. When you lift up the easel...you will see birthday wishes once again and gorgeous peacock blue butterflies.
Easel Drawer Box Card
 And on turning the card- box ...more birthday wishes!!!
Easel Drawer Box Card
 I may be weird but after all the work I think I like the backside of the card drawer box more than the front!!
Easel Drawer Box Card
 If you stayed  with me till here without falling asleep or running away...Thank you so much !!!
Easel Drawer Box Card
And here are the dies I used!! :
Winnie and Walter  Essentials Audrey Cutaways , Winnie and Walter Cover Model Multifaceted Cutaway,X cut 3 D Butterfly,Magnolia Doohickeys Vintage Box Lacing Coffee,Joy Crafts 6002-0251[Butterfly Border],Marianne Anjas Vintage Decoration LR0269,Cheery Lynn  Large Rose,Cheery Lynn  Flourish 13,Spellbinders Annabelle's Trousseau Layering Frame,Spellbinders Rose Creations  ,Spellbinders Magnolia,Tonic Studios Birthday Swirl.

Dont forget to join in at the Cuttlebugmania  Challenge with a Birthday themed project. It is special as we are celebrating Jannie's birthday [ Jannie is the sweet and wonderful owner of the Cuttlebugmania Challenge blog]

Linking to
 - Use Old favorites...The blue flowers were made using the Spellbinders Rose Creations  one of my oldest dies and a special favorite
Creative Fingers Challenge ,CraftyHazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge,

This project was Top 3 at the Butterfly Challenge ! Yippeee!! Thank you Mrs A. 
It was also featured at 613 Avenue Create
It was also featured as Top 5 at All Sorts Challenge! So honored and thrilled!
It was also chosen and featured as top 5 at Fussy and Fancy Challenge . Thank you so much !!
It was also in the honorable mentions at Scrappyland Challenge ! Thank you !

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...