RANDOM POSTS

sábado, 12 de setembro de 2015

Garden themed Pen Stand !

Handmade Flower Pen Stand
          Hi friends, in India Teachers day is celebrated on Sep 5 and every year my daughter likes to give something to her favorite teachers. My daughter's school discourages formal gifts but they do encourage recycling quite a bit ,so every year my daughter and I try to make something functional as well as recycled.
Chips can we recycled
            Last year we made photo-frames and the year before that we made CD case notebooks for her teachers.This year I had a time crunch and thought making pen stands would be quick and easy but making 10 pen stands was no easy task and my glue gun has been used extensively so please do forgive the strands of glue you will see here and there in this years teachers day gift series!
Handmade Paper Flowers
I love making flowers to use on my crafts and its a sheer joy to work with a stamp and die cut set. I made all the flowers on this pen stand using the Heartfelt creations botanical - rose wings combo.
Foam Craft Pen Stand
        A garden needs a fence doesnt it...and so a glitter foam fence! I was able to give a quick garden theme feel by using  Memory box spring border  die cuts all around my recycled tin.
Handmade Paper Flowers
And a here is a little bird paying a visit to the garden!
Recycled craft Pen stand
           I inked up a Marianne bird die cut and added glossy accents to make my little bird more 3 dimensional. The dew drops on the flower petal and the leaves are also glossy accents generously gifted to me by Lisa[ Thank you so much Lisa!]
Foam Bird House
       And of course every garden with feathered friends needs a bird house [ another Marianne die cut from glitter foam...I love dies which can effortlessly cut foam!] And of course I had to add a silver butterfly on the spring floral-leaf  border!
Handmade flower Pen Stand
   As a final touch, my daughter wanted to add the feathers as apparently one of her teachers wears feather fashion accessories and so in her mind  "maam would love it we added feathers"!
I hope you like my quickly put together pen stand

Supplies : Dies : Marianne Designs Anja Leaf 1,Marianne Designs Anja Leaf 3, Marianne Designs Fence, Marianne Designs House  , Marianne Designs Bird 
Memory Box Spring Border   , Spellbinders Asian Accents,  Heartfelt creations Botanical Wings  ,Cheery Lynn  butterfly
Stamps : Heartfelt creations Botanical Rose Rubber stamp

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...