RANDOM POSTS

domingo, 19 de janeiro de 2014

How to make a Tooth Model #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Dear friends I hope my title has not chased you away but made you curious enough to drop by my blog with a smile on your face!
Tooth model 2
Tooth Model
Recently my 7  year old studied the topic "Tooth'” in school and imagine my surprise when she came home renovation reciting “enamel,dentin,pulp”[they are parts of the tooth]….boy that was stuff I had learnt during my medical college days!! The standard of education these days is amazing!
She wanted to take a “3 D Tooth model” to class [to show off actually!!] After unsuccessful googling we hit upon the idea of making our Tooth model with play-dough.
Here is how we made our Tooth Model

  • I had to refresh my medical college knowledge to draw a rough sketch of a tooth section on thick chart paper [had to be quite sturdy to take the weight of the play-dough]
  • We used Amos play dough [ my favourite  brand as its very light weight and does not crack on drying unlike cheaper play dough] to make parts of our tooth model
Tooth model 1
Clay Tooth model

  • We used the tooth drawing as a guide and placed different colored play dough on different layers of the tooth.[White for  enamel,yellow for dentin,pink for the gum and the blue and red ropes for the blood vessels in the pulp]
  • We added textures by poking and scratching with a plastic knife

Tooth model 3
Tooth Model School project

  •  I cut out the tooth model and glued it on white cardstock embossed with the Spellbinders wood grain embossing folder.
  • Inked parts of the “wood grain” with pinkish red ink and I was thrilled I could achieve the appearance of the bone in which the tooth was embedded!

           It was extremely fun to make and sharing it so that anyone else having to google up “how to make a tooth model” can get some ideas plus the clay idea can be adapted for any 3 D school project chart
Hope my crafty friends are super sweet and leave me some loving comments on this one!
Here are links to more School Projects
Here are links to more clay crafts :
Supplies : Spellbinders wood grain embossing folder [Priya of the craftshop.in]

    Nenhum comentário:

    Postar um comentário

    Advertisement

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...