RANDOM POSTS

segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2016

Clay meets Paper !!! #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Clay Bird House
Hi friends sharing an altered Tea light holder in the shape of a bird house.This is the terracotta "diya holder" I picked up from a fancy store
Terracotta Diya Holder
The little house was given a generous coat of gesso and white paint and made into a bird house with a little bird perched atop!
Thai Clay flowers
All the white flowers and the pink roses were made with thai clay, a type of air drying clay.The bright magenta roses are store-bought roses altered with gesso.
Tea light Holder
Thai clay is a wonderful medium to make clay flowers and though I dont have a photo tutorial [ one has to work pretty fast as otherwise the clay will dry out and lose its suppleness], the steps of making the rose are nearly the same as in this Playdough rose Tutorial 
Thai Clay rose
If you are interested in Thai Clay crafts
Here are some of the tools I used :
Pasta Machine- not a necessity per se but if you have one you can quickly roll out nice uniform thin sheets of clay.
Cutters - you can use metal or plastic cutters to punch out uniform petalsand there are special cutters available to make different flowers but for this project I made most of the roses freehand!
Embossing tools- though my first clay tools were made of cheap plastic ...they broke after some time and later I got some metal tools which are rather heavy but perfect for clay crafting.
The 5 multicolored tools you see were gifted to me some time back by my friend Sudha . These are a cross between a plastic and a metal embossing tool...these are lighter as the body is not made of metal but strong and less likely to break as the tips are made of metal. The set  also has 3 very fine tips which are fabulous for making fine lines .
Thank you so much Sudha they are awesome not just for clay but also for embossing on paper
Thai Clay: I have tried thai clay by a couple of different brands and not found much of a difference. The only catch with thai clay is once you open a packet you have to finish it off fast otherwise you risk the whole thing hardening!
Clay Tools
On the side of the bird house you can see a fusion of clay and paper.
Heat Embossed Leaves
I used Winnie and Walter In Bloom Elsa's Flora Stamp Set to make all the paper leaves.
Altered Tea Light Holder
Added a golden pearl chain to loop all around the bird house and added butterflies all along. The gorgeous golden paper butterfly was sent to me by Mrs A all the way from England!
Clay Craft
Thai clay comes in a white color and is colored with oil colors before its moulded. Sometimes its difficult to predict the color...this little rose is a much darker shade than all the other clay roses but turned out cute all the same!
Thai Clay rose
On the back side of the bird house is a huge metal butterfly!
Thai Clay Roses
I also added some of my favorite pollen and berries
Heat Embossed Leaves
And here is my altered tea light holder on our terrace garden.



Tea Light Holder
I know I have not visited my blogger friends for some time now...life gets busy every once in a while...so please pardon me...will be catching up soon!And please do take a moment to tell me how you like this Thai Clay Project
Supplies : Dies :  Cheery Lynn  Grass, Cheery Lynn  Butterfly ,Marianne Anja Leaf 3
Stamps : Winnie and Walter In Bloom Elsa's Flora Stamp Set 
Pollen : From Crafters Corner and Raja Market
Linking to  :
Edited : This Project was featured as Top 5 at All sorts Anything But a Card Challenge  and was showcased by Di at the Pixie's Playground

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...