RANDOM POSTS

quinta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2014

Handmade Flowers on Altered Box #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer


Altered Box
         My regular readers will have realised how I love to alter objects! Well this altered box is very special to me as the original box was a lovely fabric covered box that was gifted to my daughter by a crafter blogger friend Tanvi.Since it was a very special gift I wanted to protect the fabric covering from getting soiled.We gave a generous coating of matt Mod Podge over the fabric covered box and the fabric covered notebooks inside!!
Handmade flowers 6
Altered Box
Its difficult to see in the photo but I added 2 embossed and die cut Spellbinder sentiments “friend” and “inspire” at the corners of the altered box.I am sure you will agree that our Crafty friends inspire us so much!!
Handmade flowers 8
Handmade flowers
The heart,musical note and love are wooden embellishments which were gifted to my kiddo by my crafty friend Priya of the Craft Shop.In.In keeping with the pink- green color scheme of my project,I inked the edges of all the wooden pieces with green and the centers with pink pigment ink and applied a generous coating of glue and gloss [similar to glossy accents] for a shiny glossy finish
Handmade flowers 2
Altered Box
I used  2 shades of pink cardstock to make the pink roses and also added some super soft white feathers, creamy colored fringed flowers and quilled buds .Here is how I made the double shaded leafy frond:Leaf tutorial.
Handmade flowers 3
Handmade flowers
The lacy heart and the lacy arched borders of the box are also Spellbinder die cuts all inked  with a dash of green and pink pigment ink.I loved making the lid of my altered box!!
Handmade flowers 10
Handmade paper flowers
Some of my crafter friends Yvonne and Suganthi had shared on my post on Mod Podge tips that they didnt like the stickiness of Mod Podge .For this project I used matt Mod Podge even on the inside fabric lining of the box lid and so far the lid has not got stuck to the box!! [Fingers crossed!!]So maybe its the gloss or satin variety which is more sticky!! I also read that using acrylic sealer solved the sticky issue [I haven’t used it]
Handmade flowers 13
Altered Box
I am so thankful to have discovered the joy of crafting, blogging and especially the crafty friends I have made along the way!!!
Handmade flowers 12
Altered Box
And this altered box  which will remind me of the love and generosity of the crafting community will be treasured for life!! Crafting and blogging go hand in hand for me and its only recently I have ventured into pinterest and facebook .I somehow feel crafty friendships are built and nurtured best in blogosphere..what do you say friends?
Supplies Dies -Spelllbinder rose creations,floral oval: Crafters corner, Marianne leaf-Priya craftshop.in,Spellbinder Sentiment die, heart,lacy border,key ,Mod Podge ,Pigment Inks,Feathers, Pearls,feathers - All from  Itsy Bitsy.Quilling Fringer-Devi and Co

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...