RANDOM POSTS

quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2013

Foam Crafts - do it yourself web diyDinosaur Mobile

Foam crafts 2
do it yourself web diyDino mobile
Dear friends I better issue a warning at the beginning of this post :”Not for the faint hearted!”
My 7 year old daughter is learning about Reptiles and Dinosaurs in particular. Yesterday she came home renovation from school and demanded we make a large diorama with lots of dinosaurs as another child had brought a diorama to school.



Like all moms I do have my “not in a mood to do anything” days…yesterday was one of those days! Eventually I give in seeing her enthusiasm …but alas I didnt have a good sturdy box for a large diorama!
Foam crafts 5
do it yourself web diymobile
This was one of those times when being a blogger came in handy!I follow a blog on felt crafts by Carla and she makes the most adorable mobiles…so ambitiously I decided to to make a dinosaur mobile!
We had just 2 hours before my daughters bedtime so it was a super fast project and I dont have step by step photos to share.
I recycled the frame of an old toy clock to make the frame of our handmade dinosaur mobile.
Foam crafts 3
Dinosaur school project
Tied up all  my daughters toy dinosaurs  to the frame . We didnt have time to colour the white ropes so my daughter prettied it up by wrapping sparkly green pipe stem cleaners on all the ropes of the dinosaurs mobile.
Foam crafts 1
Foam crafts
The frame looked ghastly with all the ropes tied on, so we cut up grass freehand from textured foam and glued it onto the mobile frame with the glue gun [I love the glue gun…it  makes school projects such a breeze!].The red roses are also made from foam.
We strung alpha beads on pipe stem cleaners  to write my daughters name and wrapped it on our mobile frame
She also wanted to add her toy snakes on the mobile and eeeek they did look scary all wiggly on our do it yourself web diyreptile mobile!
Foam crafts 4
Dinosaur school project
My poor husband had to help carry it to school!! It was a big hit in her class and she proudly came and showed me the “sticker” she had got for it !!
I hope this idea comes in handy for a unique school project! Do tell me how you like it
Here are links to more Foam crafts :


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...