RANDOM POSTS

terça-feira, 1 de maio de 2018

home renovation Decor Project Tutorial with Crealies #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

3 D Spring Decoration
            Hi friends hope you are all doing well....I am so happy to be back in the crafting world and am so thrilled to share that I have joined Crealies as part of their International Design Team.
I very very rarely even think of applying to a design team as my schedule is pretty busy but I have been in love with the unique style of Crealies products for quite some time and so when Annelies , the owner of Crealies let me know that they were having a DT call...I applied following my heart!For once I didnt listen to the negative voices in my head telling me I wouldnt be able to handle it and a trillion other excuses our brains do tell us! 
Now I am part of the Crealies team and so happy to share my first DT post... a Spring themed home renovation Decor project featuring the new Crealies Cardzz no. 06 Bag Card Dies and showcasing the newly launched beautiful Crealies Mounted Rubber Flower Stampzz.

Water-colored Crealies Sunflower Stamp
I love rubber stamps and was super impressed at the delicate intricate designs on the Crealies floral stamp sets. I heat embossed the stamps in such a way that I got a framed border around the floral images .

Water-colored Crealies Hibiscus Stamp
Such delicate images are fabulous to  water color using Zig brush pens and a water-brush.To make the hexagonal shaped ornament you need 6 images. The Crealies flower stamps are all the same size and coordinate so well together. I used 3 stamps and had fun experimenting with different colors.
Water-colored Crealies Stamp Sets

 How to make the hexagonal ornament

Materials
  • Good quality thick card stock
  • Images- you can use stamped images , photos or any kind of picture you fancy
  • Good adhesive- I used a combination of liquid glue, the glue gun , carpenters masking tape and red tacky tape depending on what I was gluing--- will share in the steps.
  • Decorative elements- pearls, laces, ribbons and tassels all look good on a hanging ornament 
do it yourself web diyHanging Ornament
Though you can make the hexagonal units by manually measuring and hand cutting  it is quicker , more fun and neater if you have dies to help you.
I used the Crealies Cardzz no.06 die to make the units of my hexagonal frame.This die is fabulous for making pockets for scrapbooks, bags , envelopes and special cards but because it has flaps it is simply fabulous to create 3 D projects too.
Crealies Cardzz No 6 diecuts
The ornament is made of 6 triangular units each of which is made using 3 die cuts as shown above.

Creating the Units
 The diecut has a saw tooth/zig zag border on one side and you can optionally score this border  ,fold it up and use it to add a decorative lace like I have done or leave it as it is.
Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
Glue the flaps to adjoining pieces. Using a good quality wet adhesive is the best option here  as you get strong adhesion  and your ornament wont fall apart later even if you add heavy embellishments!
Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
Glue the pieces to form a triangular unit.

Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
It is easier and neater  to make your ornament if you glue 2 triangles to each other on one side.

Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
I suggest using carpenters making tape and binder clips or jumbo paperclips to hold your pieces together while your wet glue dries.

Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
Make 3 such units as shown below.

Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
Glue the pieces to form a hexagon...again using paperclips and masking tape with wet glue and going slowly will ensure you have a sturdy, perfectly geometric ornament you can show off in your home renovation for many seasons!
Hexagonal Ornament Tutorial
You can keep the saw teeth edge side down as it looks so pretty when you look at it from below and you can also use it to add decorative die-cuts ,laces , beads or tassels.
The lacy border you can see here was made using the  Crealies Decorette XL no.02 die . It is one of my favorite dies and was sent to me long back when I did a Guest project for Crealies and you can see another project here : Teachers Day Gifts
do it yourself web diySpring Decoration
 The triangular units look so interesting that you can play with it to make other 3 D designs...see the half star I made by re-arranging the shapes.It would look special  as a Christmas Decoration with family photos and festive elements wouldn't it!

do it yourself web diyOrnament Idea
Or maybe something abstract like this funky shape below! Hehe I think you get the idea!
do it yourself web diyOrnament Idea
Now coming back to this project...I wanted to give a rich Victorian look to my ornament and added lots of pearls and framed the gorgeous images in Victorian style do it yourself web diyframes.

3 D Ornament
I used Silicon molds and air drying clay  to make the frames.
do it yourself web diyClay Frame
I used a Japanese air drying clay from the brand Sakura which by the way is one of the best clay I have used when working with molds! It was super soft , did not crack, did not take long to take the shape of the mold and un-molded easily without having to use anything extra.
do it yourself web diyClay Frame

 I used a combination of double sided foam tape and hot glue to add the frames to the floral images. I  felt it was not a good idea to use wet glue and risk smearing the watercolored images!
Hanging Decoration

You can attach a ribbon or a string of beautiful pearls to the top of your ornament to hang it in your home renovation or boutique!
Crafty Tip :Used die cut foam flowers and hot glue to attach the pearl string to the ornament.Foam melts with the hot glue to give a strong adhesion and the lovely flower design hides the blob of glue!
do it yourself web diyHexagonal Ornament
I hope you liked my home renovation decor project idea!
Here are the list of products used with link to the Crealies website:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...