RANDOM POSTS

segunda-feira, 13 de novembro de 2017

Travel Themed Masculine Card

Masculine Themed Card
           Hi friends so happy to share my first DT post for the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge. Most of you who visit my blog will know that I just loooove die cutting ! So when Jannie the owner of Cuttlebugmania Challenge blog invited me to be part of her DT team...I  just couldn't refuse her .The Cuttlebugmania Challenges focus on projects using a die cutting machine and the theme this month is masculine and titled "We Mustache you a Question"!
      Masculine cards are not an easy option for most of us I know!! My husband likes flowers and butterflies so I am not used to making the typical masculine project either!

In this post I am sharing how I made a travel themed card and how you can use the ideas to make any 3 D shape for your cards and home renovation decor projects

I die cut hot air balloon shapes using a Spellbinders Contour Hot Air balloon die. This die is like the sizzix BigZ dies and can cut thin chipboard and fabric as well!
If you have a BigZ die or Contour dies[ from Spellbinders ] you can  cut multiple sheets of paper in one go and these are perfect if  you want to make 3 D shapes or make a lot of cards or party decorations quickly.
3 D Card Tutorial 
Use 5- 6 die cuts and ink their edges with matching ink. Here I used Distress Inks . Fold the die cuts...be as precise as you can in the folding! If you want to add the 3 D shape to a card...use a thick card stock for the base and stick the folded die cut shapes on top of it.
3 D Card Tutorial 
Take your time while sticking the adjacent halves to each other.I found that using an odd number of die cuts over the base gave a more fuller symmetrical look!!
3 D Card Tutorial 
Optionally trace an outline of your die cut shape on glitter foam and hand cut it leaving a border so that you get a nice glittering border around your 3 D shape.

3 D Card Tutorial 
I used a gorgeous Spellbinders rope embossing folder to form a background for the  hot air balloon
Travel themed Metal embellishments
I wanted to  highlight the gorgeous travel themed brass charms so made a background for each one using squares of pattern paper mounted on scallop squares of glitter foam.
Travel themed Metal embellishments
I used glossy accents[ clear and quick drying] to stick all the beautiful metal charms.
Acrylic discs
I used clear acrylic discs over circles of pattern paper to create the embellishments above.They look like candy if you see them in real!!
Masculine Themed Card
Creating a typical masculine themed creation was difficult for me but I hope you liked my card 
Supplies : Dies :  Spellbinders Contour Hot Air Balloon ,Sizzix Framelits Squares,Couture Creations Scallop Squares. Embossing Folder :Spellbinders Need a Rope 3 D Embossing Folder
Papers : Bob n Betty Voyager

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...