RANDOM POSTS

terça-feira, 5 de setembro de 2017

Teacher's Day Gifts with Crealies

Bird House Tea Light Holders
          Hi friends, Teacher's Day is celebrated on September 5th in India and my daughter and I love to use this chance to give small tokens of appreciation to her teachers . Over the years we have  made Photo-frames, Pen Stands, Post it Note Holders, Paper Purses and Mini Albums[Here are the projects: Teacher's Day Gifts]
Paper-craft Bird Houses
           This year I was struggling for ideas and thought only a card will have to do when a wonderful parcel containing fantastic dies from Crealies arrived all the way from Netherlands !
Crealies Dies from Netherlands
My regular readers will know I love working with dies and when Annelies from Crealies  contacted me some weeks earlier asking me if I would like to work with her dies I literally jumped at the chance as I loved her die designs!!
The gorgeous Create a Box Bird house set gave me the idea to make Tea Light Holders!
Teacher's Day Gifts- Paper House Tea Light Holders
I had to make 9 Tea Light Holders as my daughter has 9 teachers this year and as all are ladies I went with a feminine Shabby Chic theme!
Paper House Tea light Holder
I wanted the frame work to be sturdy and so used the base die to cut thick kraft card stock.
Crealies Create a Box -Birdhouse Die Set
I loved that the die set was cleverly designed and contained extra dies to cut all the decorative panels !
Paper House
I used pretty papers from Papericious which I distressed with Abandoned Coral Distress Inks to line the panels of the Bird house.
Crealies Decorette XL-Quatrefoil Die
So in love with Quatrefoil die...such an intricate design and it cut so beautifully! I loved it so much that I used it to decorate the walls and cut small strips to form decorative borders!
Paper House
The original design is meant to open at the base of the house but I modified it to have a side door and attached a brass "door knob"
Adding Door Knobs
Also attached magnets on the door and back of the house so that the door would be securely closed.
Adding Magnetic Closure
The ruffled pink polka dotted ribbon and lattice roof [made using a Wild Rose Studio Floral Frame die] helped complete the "Shabby Chic" look!
Teacher's Day Gifts

Teacher's Day Gifts
Here is how the tea light fits inside the "Bird House"!!
Tea Light Holder
The birds in the die set are mirror images which is  super cool as you can easily make birds facing either direction !
Crealies Double Fun- Birds Die Set
Paper Craft Bird House
Love how the bird dies embossed even without using an extra embossing pad!
Bird House Teacher's Day Gift

Teacher's Day Gift
Feathers are quite the fashion in the crafting world but I have never had a die to make such delicate beautiful feathers so this  Crealies die was especially delightful!
Crealies Double Fun-Feathers Die Set
I used the die to cut feathers from matching pattern paper.
Paper Feathers
And tweaked the die cut to keep the central feather element!
Paper Feathers
This Tea Light holder all lighted up looked so pretty in our garden!
Tea Light Holder
It was so much fun designing the 9 bird houses differently while still keeping to a theme!
Teacher's Day Gifts- Tea Light Holders
My daughter has some very special teachers and I  really hope they liked our presents!
Teacher's Day Gifts
I hope you liked our Teacher's Day gift idea !
Also please do check out the Crealies website too....they have some amazing die designs and especially the unique and fantastic Crealies Create a Card dies !

Supplies : Dies : Crealies Create a Box -13 Birdhouse,Crealies Double Fun-33 Birds,Crealies Double Fun[34]-Feathers,Crealies Decorette XL-02 Quatrefoil, Marianne Craftables CR1307 Tiny's  Forget me not,Cheery Lynn  Flourish 13,Dienamics [MFT] Stitched Circle Scallop Frame,Wild Rose Studio Floral Frame, Tiny Butterfly from Winnie and Walter  Essentials Audrey Cutaways , Partial Bow from Memory Box Precious Hearts
Papers : Papericious Its Peach Time

Edited : This project was featured as the Gold Star at the Pixie's Snippets Playground  and was also featured runner-up at Cuttlebug Mania Anything goes themed Challenge 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...