RANDOM POSTS

quinta-feira, 16 de julho de 2015

Altered Heart Tutorial #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Altered Heart
            Hi friends do forgive my absence from blogland...I will catch up  and visit you all soon!
Some objects do have sentimental values attached to them dont they...This heart shaped piece of card board was the base of  my mom's 67th birthday cake! I saved it and gave it the works !
Altered Cake Base
A coating of gesso and  went to work with stencils and Whipped Spackle  [more about this texture medium here: Whipped Spackle tutorial ]
Whipped Spackle 
Whipped Spackle is creamy and lightweight like real whipping cream and can be smeared on with your fingers or a plastic knife!

Whipped Spackle 
I used a cherry blossom and butterfly metal stencil set that had been lying neglected since ages!
Whipped Spackle painting
       Once the Whipped Spackle had dried [ I left it for a couple of hours] I painted over it with distress inks [ smeared ink on a piece of plastic and dipped my paint brush on the ink to paint!]
Altered Heart
       Sponged over the background with tumbled glass distress ink but took care to leave the Butterflies somewhat un -inked !
Stencilled Butterfly with Whipped Spackle 
        You can actually put several layers of paint on the Whipped Spackle and it will take it all without flattening/ smearing.
Homemade Resin Embellishment
          In some areas I wanted a brighter color so used pearl acrylic paints. The glittery fairy was made at home renovation using Resin[ Resin is my current obsession!] and she is plucking magical blueberries . I made the magic blue berries using something called Foam Putty which is soft , sticky and mouldable like clay and has tiny styrofoam/thermocol balls in it!
Crackle Paint
         The fun thing about mixed media art is you can really layer on different media and mistakes can be either masked or interpreted as art! Hehe my background looked rather shabbily inked so resorted to crackle paint to salvage the situation !The blue glitter you see is from a bottle of my daughter's nail art kit ...love the contrast it gives to the crackled surface!
Beads Gel 
Experimented with a fun texturing media called Glass beads gel using a leafy stencil and painted over it a vibrant green. I later felt the green was too garish so camouflaged it with handmade Thai Clay roses and Heartfelt creations die cut leaves.
Thai Clay Roses
Here is the link to a simple Leaf tutorial . Couldnt resist adding a silver Cheery Lynn  Butterfly 
Altered Heart 

I am still taking baby steps in Mixed media but I do hope you enjoyed this step by step and how my heart plaque finally turned out!



Supplies : from Crafters Corner : Glass Beads Gel , Whipped Spackle, Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint . Dies : Heartfelt creations Classic Leaf leaf, Cheery Lynn  butterfly

Misc : Resin , Silicon Mold, Foam Putty,Thai clay, Distress Inks, Pearl Acrylic paint 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...