RANDOM POSTS

segunda-feira, 22 de junho de 2015

do it yourself web diy3 Tier Stand Tutorial #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
   Hi friends sharing a 3 tier cupcake stand I made for my daughter's Frozen themed Party [you can read about some of our other Frozen theme party decor here : do it yourself web diyFrozen BirthdayParty]. 
         Store bought stands are very expensive and I dare say not so pretty or personalized! You can make these stands in 2,3 or more tiers to display not only cupcakes but all kinds of party food or even to beautifully display your handmade crafts for your next craft exhibition or to simply sit prettily in your room to display little knick-knacks! 
do it yourself web diy3 tier Stand
          To make your tiered stand you need to cut out squares or circles from thick cardboard [or thin plywood if you have access to it].I recycled the packaging from a fan to make my tiered stand. Squares are easier to cut out but if you want to cut out circles you can use circular plates or trays to trace around and cut.[ My circles are 12 inch, 8.5 inch and 6.5 inch in diameter]
 Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
Apply normal white glue or preferably a  decoupage glue such as mod-podge [ you can read about Modpodge here : Mod Podge Tips and Secrets] on the non-glossy surface of your cardboard / wooden shapes and stick pretty paper.
If you use a foam brush you can quickly and easily apply a uniform thin coating of glue [which is essential to prevent wrinkling and wrapping up of your lining paper].
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
For pillars of your stand you can recycle tins / card board tubes  or even plastic containers like I did here.
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
           Tins cans are quite sturdy as pillars but I couldnt find one which fitted the height requirement I wanted for my base [yes we creative souls are sometimes finicky to the centimeter!] so I stacked several plastic containers to get the height I wanted and still keep the base sturdy!
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
Wrapped and hot glued silver glitter foam around the stacked containers and the yellow rectangle you see on top is double sided foam tape I added to help level the top and easily stick it to my cardboard piece.
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
You can wrap your tin /cardboard pillars with  pattern paper or foam like I did here.The easiest adhesive for this is the red tacky tape[ Read more about Red tacky Tape here: 12 Uses of Tacky Tape]
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
Not only do I love the look of glitter foam , the reason I used foam in this project was that if you hot glue foam you will get a very strong adhesion!
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
Here is how my 3 tier stand looks un-embellished.
Cupcake Stand Tutorial 
Covered the raw edges with a Joy Crafts die cuts and added lots of silver Cheery Lynn  die cut butterflies interspersed with tiny blue plastic butterflies.
do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
I used blue ruffled ribbon on the pillar base[ also serves to hide glue blobs!] and also  added tiny pollen bunches on the pillars to deck them up a bit!
do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
Since this particular stand was for our Frozen theme party I added a glittery snowflake on top.
do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
The snowflake was attached to a wooden skewer attached to the top tier of the stand using air dry clay.
do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
I used Spellbinders and Sizzix dies to cut out my snowflake from glitter foam [what I like about foam in such 3 D projects is that it is light weight yet dimensional and easy to adhere with hot glue !]
do it yourself web diyCupcake Stand
Here is the aerial view of the easy to make 3 tier stand. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial
Supplies : Dies : Sizzix  Winter, Spellbinders Snowflake, Joy Crafts lace border, Cheery Lynn  butterfly
Edited : This tutorial was featured at Totally Tutorials!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...