RANDOM POSTS

domingo, 25 de março de 2018

Christmas Pop Up Box Card #crafts #diyprojects #homerenovacion #remodeling #homeimprovement #renovation #diy @verefazer

Pop Up Box Card
Hi friends....first of all Thank you so much for your understanding and well wishes about my new Husky puppy[in previous post: Desktop Organizer]. Even though I have had dogs all my life this particular guy is an everyday challenge.Especially want to thank Chriss for her advice! Puppy no longer runs away with my craft sponges and scissors...he just sits and stares  longingly and barks at them!! But yes the Glue bottle was irresistible and he did run away with it once!
Here is my DT post for Maureen's Rudolph Days Challenge where the theme is always Christmas.
            I made a Pop Up Box Card using some really gorgeous but very bright papers from DCWV. I struggled to find embellishments to match the papers till after several trials  I found stenciling through die-cuts with matching Distress Ink solved the issue!
So here are some crafty tips: 
1.Make your own perfectly color coordinated elements
When you struggle to find matching embellishments try to use your stencils/dies and inks to make your own perfectly matching elements
Some dies especially dies from Spellbinders and Marianne are fabulous to stencil through. In the picture below you can see the plain diecuts [from Marianne Designs] I used on this card before inking them .
Die-cutting Tips
2.Distress Inks  are the easiest to use with stencils/ dies as they smudge the least , dry fast and the color palette is fabulous .

Die- cutting Tips
3. For stenciling , instead of using expensive finger daubers use cheap makeup/other sponges as the edges of the die can  destroy your dauber in no time! Reserve your dauber for delicate work like creating distress Inks  backgrounds etc!

Dauber !
4.If you have time you can add glitter/ embossing powder to further enhance the look of your stenciled die cuts like in this post on   3 D Chariot Tutorial.

Die- cutting Tips
5. If you are using colored paper/ pattern paper to make flower...take a few extra moments to ink the edges of the die with matching Distress Inks  ...it enhances the look of your project always! I used  a Marianne Poinsettia die with DCWV pattern paper to make my 3 D poinsettias.
Poinsettia
I used a  clear crystal on the scroll style Marianne die cut and love how it looks like a gem!
Pop Up Box Card
 In the picture below you can see the cute image ...a stamp from Wild Rose Studio colored using Staedtler water-color pencils and Zig Watercolor Brush Pens. I purposely kept the image muted in colors in an otherwise super colorful card!
Pop Up Box Card
I hope you liked my card.And do participate in the Rudolph Days Challenge with a Christmas Project.
Crafting is a huuuge Challenge right now with my puppy. Life is so busy I dont get time to cook dinner on many days! My daughter's vacation will start this week and then my chores are going to be much lighter and I will be able to squeeze in time to visit my blogger pals!
Linking to
DL Art Thankful Thursday Flowers,Word Art Wednesday 
Pixie's Snippets Playground 322 - used snippets of paper to make the flowers and snippets of cardstock pieces to make the accents
613 Avenue Creates,Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge 
CraftyHazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge

Supplies : Dies :  Marianne Desgins Creatables LR0240,Marianne Design Poinsettia LR0435,Marianne Creatables LR0319 Petra's small ornament,Marianne Anjas Vintage Decoration LR0269,Marianne Creatables Anja Border  LR0300,Cheery Lynn Colonial Lamp Post,Poppy Stamps Small Fluffy Snow tree,Spellbinders Happy Days.
Stamp : Wild Rose Studio Owls on Branch
Coloring Media : Zig Watercolor Brush Pens , Staedtler water-color pencils
Papers: DCWV The Evergreen Stack
Inks : Distress Inks  Fired Brick

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...