RANDOM POSTS

sábado, 6 de junho de 2015

The Generosity of the Craft Community !

           I am constantly amazed at the generosity of the Crafting Community. Not only have I experienced this  generosity and love several times since I started this blog but I have seen many crafters from all around the world blog about gifts, cards and other gifts other crafters send them! 
           Well why did I go all philosophical ..... Its 2 stories!
I have been lucky to be associated with the owner of the largest Craft Supply Store in India, Itsy Bitsy for quite some time now.I did a few Guest DT posts for Itsy Bitsy  in 2013-14 [Stamping Basics, Mod Podge Tips,Easy Paper Basket, do it yourself web diyShadow Box, Castle Box and Card] and whenever Itsy Bitsy opens a new store in India, Rashmi , Itsy Bitsy's owner makes it a point to call me and have a chat!
           Recently Itsy Bitsy opened its 15th Store in India at Bangalore's Shopping hub Commercial Street and Rashmi called me to have an informal chat! While speaking to her I told her my current crafty obsession was clay and especially the expensive "Thai clay". I was so surprised and my heart literally swelled up when this parcel arrived at my doorstep a few days later!
4 packets of high quality Thai Clay and my favorite Thai Paper!
I am yet to open the Thai clay she sent me but here is a project I had earlier made with Thai Clay from Itsy Bitsy : Clay Plumeria
Thai Clay flowers
And you may have seen me using cream Thai paper as a photography backdrop to many of my projects but here is a Fairy land Pop Up card in which I  used the lovely Thai Paper to form the "straw " ground in fairy land!
Fairy Land Pop Up card
Such a sweet gesture and when I mailed her to thank her she told me it was just a token of appreciation for my "passion and enthusiasm for crafts" !! Thank you so much Rashmi and may the Craft Community grow in bounds and leaps!
Made by Esvee for me!
           Generosity comes not only in giving physical gifts...I enjoy connecting with and forming friendships with other crafters in blogland and whenever a favorite crafter doesnt blog for some time I do miss them!  Recently I visited the extremely versatile and multi-talented crafter Esvee 's blog and casually enquired if all was well with her.
          A few days later...this post is what shows up on my dashboard  titled " Flowers with Thanks to Diy Projects" I was so touched I nearly cried and I think only a blogger could really understand the feeling !!
          We all know how tough it is to be a young mother and still manage to have a little bit of time for yourself so if you have a moment to spare please do drop by Esvee's blog  Dainty Delights and give her a bit of blog love !
        As bloggers I am sure you will agree one of the most precious gifts in blogland is an encouraging comment!

Please Do share your heartwarming experiences in blogland or in the craft community too...it will be so wonderful to read everyone's story!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Advertisement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...